Ben Bryant is an award-winning writer and communications strategist with 18 years experience in public affairs, marketing, and mass communications. A recognized leader in the field of communications, his experience includes widely-recognized, award-winning work in writing, broadcasting, journalism, and marketing communications.
A talented and effective communicator, Ben has built a reputation planning, executing, and measuring integrated communications plans, including Web content development, public and media relations, advertising, print collateral development and distribution, vendor management, meeting and event planning, and conference/trade show coordination. He has years of public-sector service as a speechwriter and communications advisor for clients at the Program Executive, SES and Flag Officer; Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense; Deputy Undersecretary of Defense; and senior political appointee-levels.
Recognized as a top editor for military, government, and healthcare constituencies, Ben has served in a senior editorial capacity for multiple reports prepared for the Secretary of Defense, United States Congress, and President of the United States. In 2009 and 2010, he served as Managing Editor for the report of the DoD's Independent Review of the events surrounding the November 5, 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood, TX, and, the following year, served as Lead Editor for the two book-length reports prepared by the DoD Comprehensive Review of the Issues Related to a Repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Previously, Ben was Editor-In-Chief of Force Health Protection & Readiness magazine and, later, as an Editorial Consultant, supervised a complete editorial and graphical revamp of that publication. He is currently serving as lead editor and senior writer (supervising the writing, editing and report production team) for the Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission.
In the corporate arena, Ben's achievements include a 300-500% jump (over 18 months) in all metrics of an integrated marketing communications program, including multiple strategic campaigns in the United States and EMEA regions for a pharmaceutical and life sciences solutions division of Honeywell International, and a Six-Sigma Greenbelt certification for optimizing marketing communications processes. At Honeywell, Ben wrote extensively on pharmaceuticals, life sciences, and process manufacturing.
- Talented and effective writer and communicator
- Winner of multiple awards for individual, group, and project achievements
- Prior work with Fortune 100 companies and local small businesses, as well as DoD and DHS government agencies
- Experience translating dense or technical corporate and government source material into audience accessible communications
- Proven results finding “words” for clients and implementing strategic communications strategies for change management and crisis communications
- Experienced meeting and event planner, including preparation and execution of intimate VIP briefings, as well as 200+ person user conferences.
Honors and Achievements
- Hermes Platinum Award, European Product Launch, 2013
- Davey Award, Television Guest Appearance, 2013
- MarCom Gold Award, Television Guest Appearance, 2013
- MarCom Platinum Award, Exceptional Individual Achievement in Editing and Document Production, 2011
- W3 Silver Award, Writing/Editing for Web Audiences, 2011
- MarCom Platinum Award, Original CMS Template Design and Development / Wounded Warrior Pain Care Portal, 2011
- Co-Recipient/Project Manager, KAI Web Branding Redesign, winner, AMCP MarCom Gold Award, 2011
- Co-Recipient/Project Manager, Scofield Ridge Outreach Strategy and Strategic Communications Plan, winner, AMCP MarCom Gold Award, 2011
- Project Manager, ODUSD (A&T) Web Site, winner
- IABC Silver Inkwell Award of Excellence, 2008
- IAVA W3 Silver Award, 2008
- Project Manager, Army Architecture Integration Center End-of-Year Report, winner, AMCP MarCom Gold Award, 2008
- Co-Recipient, Anteon Performance Award, 2004
- Co-Recipient, PIA Premier Print Award in two categories for Honeywell Direct Marketing Mailer (w/ die-cut), 2001
- Paul R. Ellis Media Award for Writing and Reporting on heart disease and stroke, 1996
- Paul R. Ellis Media Award for Broadcast Public Service Campaign (writing/production), 1996
- Delegate, U.S. Dept. of Education Journalism Symposium on College Student Substance Abuse, 1995
- Commander’s Scroll of Appreciation, 414th BSB, United States Army Europe, Seventh Army, 1994
- DoDDS-Europe Award for Excellence in creative Writing and Performance, 1994
- McDonalds Corporation History Maker of Tomorrow Award, 1999